“…and the Lord God clothed Adam and his wife with garments made from the skins of animals.” Genesis 3:21 (Living Bible – TLB)
Scripture tells us in Romans 6:23 that, “The wages of sin is death.”
The very first death occurred on the same day as the very first sin. It was the death of an innocent animal that God used its skin as a covering for the nakedness’s of the now newly aware Adam and Eve.
Much about what happed in Ferguson is still to be understood. Evidence needs to collected, leads must be investigated and people need to calm down. However, if trends continue it appears that some skins will need to be handed out.
- Skins – For the police and the way they have handled the situation
- Skins – For the media, covering the situation as if it were a rock concert instead of a human tragedy and a plea for justice and harmony
- Skins – For the rioters who have made the situation worst by adding violence upon violence
- Skins – For a nation still unable to come to terms with the difficulties and issues of race
- Skins – For me, because I have failed to speak more about these issues within this blog
Shortly after receiving their skins Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden. Man’s relationship with God continued to decline so much so that God brought fire and flood to cleanse the Earth of our sins.
Scripture tells us in Romans 6:23 that, “the wages of sin is death,” however, the text continues to say….”but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
Despite our sins God is ready to remove our skins thru His free gift called forgiveness. The consequences of Ferguson require justice, caring and compassion. The consequences of Ferguson require, the restoration of integrity, and the balm of healing. The consequences of Ferguson require the love of Jesus Christ and requires each of us to follow God’s commandment, “love one another as I have loved you.” (John 13:34) God expects that of us and the consequences of Ferguson demand that we respond affirmatively.